THANK YOU to all of our donors who supported Amistad on El PasoGiving Day! Every single donation will help make a positive impact in someone’s life.
Individual donors play a key role, as every dollar helps Amistad continue programs that assist Veterans, persons with physical, developmental or intellectual disabilities, the elderly, persons at risk, and our homeless population.
A very special THANK YOU to Helen of Troy for their generous $10,000gift, to Hoy Family Auto for sponsoring the $1,000 Traffic Jam PowerHour, and Walmart for matching $350 in donations!
THANK A VETERAN
At Amistad, we are proud to support our Veteran community by providing services to those who have served our country. Our Amistad For Veterans Project (AFVP), provides general assistance such asrental/mortgage and utility assistance, as well as mental health counseling and peer support services.
Learn more about our Veteran services:
This Veteran’s Day, we would like to thank our Veterans staff and allVeterans for their service to our country!
- Xavier Bañales
- Gerardo Blanco
- Jose Chavez
- Steven Dopson
- Eddie Harris
- Luis Hernandez
- Martin Morales
- Raul Portillo
- Scott Whittle
HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE
Health Insurance Marketplace Open Enrollment is now available through January 15, 2022. Here’s what you need to know, according to HealthCare.gov:
- This year, a new law (American Rescue Plan (ARP)) provides greatly improved financial assistance, which can significantly lower people’s premiums.
- 4 out of 5 people will be able to find plans for $10/month or less after newly expanded financial assistance.
- With the new law, millions more people qualify for tax incentives that lower their premiums.
- These are quality, comprehensive health plans that offer doctor visits, emergency care, preventive care, hospital care, and prescription drugs.
- Consumers who enroll by December 15 can get coverage that starts January 1.
- There is more help available this year. Consumers can access assisters and Champions for Coverage in nearly every state and county on the Marketplace.
Our Consumer Health Insurance Marketplace and Education Services(CHIMES) Navigators can guide you through the enrollment process.
To schedule an appointment, call 1-877-595-1788.
AMISTAD CARES UTILITY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM DEADLINE
Amistad continues taking applications for the AmistadCARES Utility Assistance Program. The program can provide up to 12 months of assistance to cover past-due water, gas, and electric bills.
Households with incomes no more than 80% of area median income (AMI)* meeting the following conditions:
One or more individuals in the household has:
- Qualified for unemployment benefits OR
- Has experienced a reduction in household income,
- Incurred significant costs,
- Experienced other financial hardship due directly or indirectly to the COVID-19 pandemic, AND
- Has received a past due utility notice
- Must reside within the City of El Paso limits
- Have an active and verifiable account with the utility company
- Must reside within the property for which the assistance is being requested
- Must NOT be receiving utility assistance from other sources
*AMI income limits depend on the number of persons in family. Based on El Paso, TX HUD Metro FMR Area:
How to Apply:
- Download the application online and fill out
- Call 915-298-7307 (select option 1 + option 1 + zip code) to schedule an appointment
Deadline extended through August 30.
2021 WOMEN OF IMPACT
Amistad’s Chief Executive Officer, Andrea Ramirez, was recognized as a 2021 Women of Impact along with five other strong female leaders! This recognition highlights their dedication and contribution they bring to the community. Congratulations!
YWCA WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES
Amistad proudly supported YWCA’s Walk a Mile in Her Shoes fundraiser!This event helps fund the YWCA’s Sara McKnight Transitional LivingCenter, which is a safe place for women who have survived domestic violence or abuse. Congratulations to our community partner for surpassing their goal!
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
ADVERTISE WITH US!
Amistad Vehicle Advertising
Amistad is hiring:
- CDL and Non-CDL Drivers
- Call Center Agents
- Workforce Development VISTA
- CHIMES Navigators
Apply online today and make a positive impact on the community!
As Thanksgiving approaches, we reflect on the support we continually receive from our community partners, donors, sponsors, Board ofDirectors, staff, and supporters. All the services and assistance we provide to the most vulnerable populations is made possible by our community support system. We are extremely grateful to have you be part of our Mission! Thank you for your support!
Employee of the month
Our staff got creative for our Halloween festivities!