For Immediate Release
January 15, 2022
Amistad Offers Health Insurance Enrollment Services Amid Pandemic
El Paso, TX – Amistad is offering the community free assistance to navigate the Consumer Health Insurance Marketplace during the open enrollment period, which is available now through January 15, 2022.
The Consumer Health Insurance Marketplace and Enrollment Services (CHIMES) provides
comprehensive health plans that offer doctor visits, emergency care, preventive care, hospital care, and prescription drugs, for individuals who currently do not have health insurance coverage.
“With the new variants and COVID-19 cases on the rise again, it is a critical time to find and
enroll in a comprehensive health insurance plan,” said David Gomez, CHIMES Lead Navigator. “We understand it can be a daunting process, but our trained CHIMES Navigators can help
answer questions and guide individuals every step of the way.”
According to HealthCare.gov:
- This year, the American Rescue Plan (ARP), provides greatly improved financial assistance, which can significantly lower people’s premiums.
- Four out of five people will be able to find plans for $10/month or less after newly expanded financial assistance.
- With the new law, millions more qualify for tax incentives that lower their premiums.
Amistad CHIMES Navigators are ready and available through January 15, 2022 to take walk-ins and scheduled appointments Monday through Friday, from 8 AM to 5 PM at Amistad on 3210 Dyer St., 79930.
In addition, CHIMES Navigators will be providing information and enrollment services on the following dates and locations:
- December 29, 1PM – 5 PM: Richard Burges Public Library, 9600 Dyer St., 79924
- December 30, 1 PM – 5 PM: Dorris Van Doren Public Library, 551 E. Redd Rd., 79912
- January 3 – January 7, 1 PM – 5 PM: Irving Schwartz Public Library, 1865 Dean Martin Dr., 79936
- January 3 – January 7, 1 PM – 5 PM: Dorris Van Doren Public Library, 551 E. Redd Rd., 79912
- January 7, 8 AM – 1 PM: Valle Bajo Community Library, 7380 Alameda Ave., 79915
- January 10 – January 13, 1 PM – 5 PM: Judge Marquez Public Library, 610 N. Yarbrough Dr., 79915
- January 10 – January 13, 1 PM – 5 PM: Esperanza Moreno Public Library, 12480 Pebble Hills Blvd., 79938
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 1-877-595-1788 or visit www.projectamistad.org/adtrc/chimes.
Community Relations Manager
O: 915.532.3406 | C: 915.205.2525
Project Amistad is a not-for-profit 501 c 3 agency providing services to elderly residents, persons with disabilities and adults-at-risk.